Click for more information
The Parish Church of St Mary is set within its own walled churchyard in the centre of the village of Beddgelert, Gwynedd, North Wales. The church site is traditionally regarded as one of the oldest religious foundations in Wales. Mentioned by Giraldus Cambrensis in c1216, the priory became an Augustinian house soon afterwards and is referred to as such by the mid 13th Century. Some damage was done during the Anglo – Welsh wars with rebuilding taking place in the late 13th and early 15th Century. Further renovations have taken place over the centuries but fine medieval glass and woodworks were sold off to pay for structural alterations. The surviving medieval fabric of the church is largely of c1220-30, though this incorporates some earlier, probably 12th Century masonry at the north west corner. Items of interest include 13th century triple lancet windows, an arcade and doorways.

Vicars of Beddgelert

1879-1898

1898-1939

1940-1946

1946-1953

1953-1956

1957-1972

1972-1978

1980-1986

1986-1991

Revd. Richard Williams

Revd. John Jenkins BA

Revd. George Bernard Walmsley BA

Revd. Hugh Arthur Jones BA

Revd. David Conrad Evans BA

Revd. David Emrys Jones BA

Revd. Martin Riley BA

Canon Kenneth Francis BA

Revd. Keith M Kent Dip.Th.

 

Vicar of Beddgelert, Penrhyndeudraeth & Llanfrothen

1991-1997

1998-2003

Revd. James Ashley-Roberts BD

Revd. Susan Owen MA, BD

 

Vicar of Beddgelert, Penrhyndeudraeth, Llanfrothen & Maentwrog

2003-

Revd. Susan Owen MA, BD

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmailFacebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail